AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hart InterCivic, a leading national provider of election voting systems, management products and services, announced today the introduction of the Hart Absentee Processing System (APS), an automated way to manage, track, and process absentee voters.
The tracking and managing of absentees, and the need to comply with the MOVE act to timely process FPCA voters, is a time-consuming effort across the election office. APS was developed in response to Texas counties’ need for an automated absentee system that would create an easy export to TEAM, the state’s voter registration system. Currently, TEAM counties manually update the status of each absentee and FPCA voter. APS organizes absentee processing into a centrally accessible system.
“The capabilities of Hart’s Absentee Processing System provide real value to our customers,” said Hart President Derek Hutson. “It will save them time and resources by automating the tracking of by-mail voters.”
Key Features of Hart’s Absentee Processing System offering:
- Creates Application Request forms and Reject letters with voter data taken directly from TEAM
- Prints mailing labels for applications, ballot envelops sent and returned, and rejection letters
- Tracks rejections and undeliverable ballots
- Processes both current FPCA applications and new FPCAs not yet defined in TEAM
- Creates TEAM Voter History import file for batch updating of voter’s absentee status
- Sends absentee and FPCA status updates directly to Hart’s ePollBook
- Hart’s ePollBook updates APS with Early Voting activity
- Many work stations can be configured to distribute the workload of processing absentees
From the time an absentee ballot is requested to its final resolution, APS provides everything the election office needs to efficiently process by-mail ballots.
About Hart InterCivic, Inc.
Hart is a leading national provider of voting systems, election management products and services. Hart delivers a deep-rooted, authentic level of credibility across the electoral process with field-proven products, services and support that successfully, dependably meet the rigorous demands of today’s election procedures. Millions of votes are cast each year using Hart’s eScan™ and eSlate® polling place voting systems and Ballot Now central scanning / by-mail solution. For more information, please visit www.hartintercivic.com.