NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, GoGo squeeZ, the first squeezable, re-sealable, all-natural applesauce snack in the U.S., is proud to launch a new passion project called “Pass the Play” that will bring the power and happiness of playtime to families across the U.S. through a national mobile playground tour and the “largest game of catch”. The campaign will support GoGo squeeZ’s charity partner The Fresh Air Fund – a not-for-profit agency that provides free summer experiences and year-round educational programs to New York City children from low-income communities.
GoGo squeeZ believes in the simple mantra of “always play” and is putting this belief to work through the “Pass the Play” campaign with the goal of bringing the simple joy of play to those who need it most across the country. Kids and big kids alike can participate in the “Pass the Play” project through three activities:
- Email email@example.com to request a “Pass the Play” ball and play the largest game of catch. 10,000 kick balls are being distributed nationwide, so people can enjoy the simple goodness of play and then pass that play to someone they know that needs some play in their life. Top “play passers” will be entered to win fun prizes by tracking the kick balls at www.PassthePlay.com.
- Tweet #passtheplay and $1 will be donated to The Fresh Air Fund with the goal of raising $25,000, which will allow more inner-city boys and girls to participate in programs that can change the course of a child’s life.
Visit the “Pass the Play” mobile playground, which is visiting 10
cities across the country. The “Pass the Play” mobile playground has
activities for people of all ages including; a rock climbing wall,
tire swings, interactive media zone, basketball and soccer shootout,
slide, potato sack races, craft table to make upcycled crafts from GoGo
squeeZ pouches and much more. The mobile playground will be
- Atlanta, GA: May 26-28, 2012 – Decatur Arts Festival
- Nashville, TN: June 2, 2012
- Bentonville, AR: June 9-10 – Kick-it Event
- Minneapolis, MN: June 16-17, 2012 – Stone Arch Festival
- Chicago, IL: June 23, 2012 – Lincoln Park Zoo
- Chicago, IL: July 4, 2012 – Navy Pier
- Los Angeles, CA : July 15, 2012 – The Grove
- San Francisco, CA: July 21-22, 2012 – Connoisseur’s Market Place
- Readington, NJ: July 28-29, 2012 – Quick Chek Balloon Festival
- New York, NY: August 4, 11, 18, 2012 – Summer Streets Festival
- New York, NY: August 10, 2012 – Hudson River Flicks
“GoGo squeeZ believes in the power of play as an integral part of everyone’s daily routine – it doesn’t matter if you’re a child or an adult,” says Meena Mansharamani, Managing Director for Materne North America. “The Pass the Play campaign celebrates the simple, imaginative fun of childhood to help families around the country experience the pure joy of play,” adds Mansharamani.
The “Pass the Play” campaign marks the first time that GoGo squeeZ and The Fresh Air Fund have teamed up. In addition to fundraising for the organization, GoGo squeeZ will provide a variety of the brand’s wholesome applesauce pouches as a healthy treat for kids and adults at all Fresh Air Fund camps, programs and events. As well, the GoGo squeeZ brand team, which is based in New York City, will mentor children participating in The Fresh Air Fund’s programs and volunteer at local events.
“Partnering with GoGo squeeZ presents an opportunity to combine the playful spirit of our summer experiences with a healthy and nutritious snack option that supports the on-the-go lifestyles of our kids and their families,” says Jenny Morgenthau, Executive Director of The Fresh Air Fund.
Available in seven flavors, GoGo squeeZ products come in a re-sealable pouch that features a built-in straw, making it a no-spoon, no-mess way to enjoy fruit on-the-go. It is also all-natural, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and made with no artificial flavors or preservatives. Each pouch contains only 60 calories helping parents to feel confident about the food choices they make for their children and themselves.
About Materne’s GoGo squeeZ
GoGo squeeZ all-natural squeezable applesauce is simple, yummy fun, and it delights like a game of tag or a run through the sprinkler in the backyard. We believe in real fun foods that are easy, smart and fit into moms’ busy lives, giving them the freedom to say “yes” more often when their kids want a treat. GoGo squeeZ launched in the U.S. in June 2008 and was originally founded in France where it is known as Pom’Potes. Since the brand’s U.S. expansion in 2008, Materne has sold more than 1.9 billion pouches to families around the world. Materne North America is headquartered out of New York City.
About The Fresh Air Fund
Since 1877, The Fresh Air Fund, an independent, not-for-profit agency, has provided free summer vacations to more than 1.7 million New York City children from low-income communities. More than 9,000 New York City children enjoy free Fresh Air Fund programs annually. Each summer, over 4,000 children visit volunteer host families in rural, suburban and small town communities across 13 states from Virginia to Maine and Canada. 3,000 children also attend five Fresh Air camps in the summer on a 2,300-acre site in Fishkill, New York. Close to 2,000 young people participate in year-round educational programs at camp and in New York City.
For more information, please visit: www.freshair.org.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50285739&lang=en