NORWOOD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Analog Devices, Inc., (NASDAQ: ADI) the data converter market share leader*, today introduced a series of quad 16-, 14- and 12-bit D/A converters in space-saving 16-lead surface-mount LFCSP or leaded TSSOP packages. ADI’s new AD568xR nanoDAC+™ series of quad D/A converters has the industry’s best DC performance (INL, offset error and gain error) and smallest package size, with a choice of on-chip or external reference and SPI or I²C control interface. Applications such as PLC I/O cards, digital oscilloscopes, signal generators and optical modules that require low power, rail-to-rail, single-supply D/A converters will benefit from the AD568xR series’ industry leading performance.
- View the AD5686R D/A converter product page, order samples and eval boards and download the data sheet: http://www.analog.com/en/digital-to-analog-converters/da-converters/ad5686R/products/product.html
- Watch a video on the features of the new nanoDAC+ converters: http://videos.analog.com/video/products/digital-to-analog-converters/1543723598001/AD5686R-nanoDAC-Huge-Performance-in-a-Tiny-Package/
- Get support at ADI’s EngineerZone™ online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/data_converters/precision_dacs
- Explore technical fundamentals and design considerations for various aspects of D/A conversion functions: http://www.analog.com/en/data-conversion-knowledge-resource/conversions/index.html
“Customers, who previously had to trade off board area to achieve higher levels of digital-to-analog accuracy and reference drift performance now have a solution that meets all of their requirements,” said Donal Geraghty, director of Precision D/A Converters, Analog Devices. “The AD5686R delivers four D/A converters with 16-bit accuracy and a 2-ppm/°C reference in a tiny 3mm x 3mm package.”
AD5686R Quad D/A Converter Features and Benefits:
- High relative accuracy (±2LSB max at 16-bits) – suits open-loop applications
- On-chip 2.5-V, 2-ppm/°C integrated reference and low drift saves board space and removes need for calibration over temperature
- Tiny 3mm x 3mm, chip-scale 16-pin LFCSP package suits ever-shrinking board sizes (e.g. optical modules, PLC I/O cards)
- 4-kV HBM ESD rating provides increased robustness
- Choice of resolution (16, 14 or 12 bits) and interface (SPI or I²C) allows users to select the exact part required and still have a pin-compatible upgrade/down-grade path
- Available in high and mid-range performance grades (B and A) to match specific system performance and cost targets
Pricing, Availability and Complementary Products
Samples and evaluation board are currently available.
|Part No.||Availability||Resolution (Bits)||Interface||Price|
Complementary components include ADI’s AD5750-2 which is a single-channel, low cost, precision voltage/current output driver amplifier, ideally suited for use with the AD5686R in PLC I/O card applications.
About Analog Devices
Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index. http://www.analog.com
* Analog Devices, Inc. leads the worldwide data converter market with a 46 percent share, according to industry analyst firm Databeans, Inc. in its market research report titled “2010 Data Converters.” Analog Devices’ 46 percent share is larger than the combined market share of the nearest eight competitors.
Follow ADI on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50255444&lang=en