DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5tmsd2/corporate_reputati) has announced the addition of the "Corporate Reputation of the Medical Device Industrythe Patient Perspective" report to their offering.
Corporate Reputation of the Medical Devices Industry - the Patient Perspective is an April 2012 PatientView Plus report on the findings of an independent study funded and conducted by PatientView during February and March 2012. The report looks at the corporate reputation of the medical device industry as a whole, and at the reputation of 18 individual multinational medical device companiesfrom the perspective of 300 patient groups drawn from across the world (75% of which are based in Europe).
Key industry-wide findings:
- 52% of the respondent patient groups believe that the multinational medical device industry has a good' or excellent' corporate reputation, making the industry the second most-respected sector in healthcare. By way of contrast, the equivalent figure for the pharmaceutical industry is 40%.
- 64% of the respondent patient groups say that the medical device industry is good' or excellent' at being innovative.
- 57% of the respondent patient groups say that the medical device industry is good' or excellent' at ensuring patient safety... even though a number of the respondent groups mention recent medical-device-related scandals.
- But only 32% of the respondent patient groups say that the medical device industry is good' or excellent' at practising ethical marketing.
- And no more than 22% of the respondent patient groups say that that the medical device industry is good' or excellent' at adopting fair pricing practices.
The 18 multinational medical device companies analysed in the report are:
- 3M Health Care
- Boston Scientific
- Medtronic, Inc
- Roche Diagnostics
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Coloplast A/S
- Fresenius Medical Care (FMC)
- GE Healthcare
- Johnson & Johnson
- Olympus Medical Systems Business
- Philips Healthcare
- Siemens Healthcare
- Smith & Nephew
- St. Jude Medical, Inc
- Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5tmsd2/corporate_reputati