WASHINGTON CROSSING, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MD Becker Partners LLC, a boutique management and strategy consulting firm focusing on the life science industry, today announced the availability of a new white paper, “2012: A Pivotal Year for Alzheimer’s Disease Drug Development.” Authored by the firm’s two senior partners, the paper provides an overview of product candidates in clinical trials and more than 30 life science companies developing novel therapies for Alzheimer’s disease.
The paper’s highlights and conclusions include:
- The majority of product candidates that have advanced into randomized controlled trials for Alzheimer’s disease target beta-amyloid, which represents a major focus of the paper;
- A second target that is being pursued in the research and development to slow or reverse the progression of Alzheimer’s disease is tau;
- Key readouts from a number of promising agents for Alzheimer’s disease are expected in 2012, including results from Phase 3 trials of solanezumab by Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY), bapineuzumab by Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Pfizer Inc. (PFE), and Elan Corporation plc (ELN), and tideglusib by Noscira/Grupo Zeltia;
- Positive results from additional clinical trials, the introduction of new tools for disease detection and monitoring, and advances in understanding the causes and biology of Alzheimer’s disease could also enhance interest and investment in the field; and
- In view of recent progress, the authors conclude that therapeutic success in Alzheimer’s disease could occur as early as this year.
To obtain a copy of “2012: A Pivotal Year for Alzheimer’s Disease Drug Development,” and to view an executive summary of the paper, please visit MD Becker Partners’ Life Science Digest site at www.lifesciencedigest.com.
About MD Becker Partners
MD Becker Partners is a boutique management and strategy consulting firm focusing on both public and private companies in the life sciences industry. The firm also works with venture capitalists, institutional investors, and others that provide capital to these companies. As a strategic advisor and partner, MD Becker Partners provides a full range of services to help its clients increase visibility, unlock stakeholder value, and access resources to grow their business. To accomplish this, the firm integrates relations, strategy, and operational capabilities and applies them to carefully conceived and expertly enacted tactics. For more information, visit the firm's website at www.mdbpartners.com and online newsletter at www.lifesciencedigest.com. MD Becker Partners can also be found on Twitter (@MDBpartners), Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50236568&lang=en