MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amcom Software, Inc. today announced that Fairview Health Services selected its solutions to build an enterprise-wide approach to critical communications. Minneapolis-based Fairview chose Amcom not only to replace an aging call center platform, but also to expand the scope of its communication functions to clinical settings as well. Notable project goals include supporting mobile staff with smartphone-ready encrypted messaging, sending nurse call and patient monitoring alerts to staff’s mobile devices, and bringing multiple contact centers into one.
Highlights of Fairview’s Amcom solutions:
- Encrypted smartphone messaging for iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry smartphones: Fairview will support staff’s preferred devices with encrypted smartphone messaging, a full audit trail, directory access for on-the-go communications, and security at every step to protect sensitive patient information.
- Clinical alert and alarm integration for nurse call and patient monitoring systems: Fairview will use Amcom’s FDA 510(k)-cleared enterprise middleware to detect nurse call requests and patient monitoring alerts and send notifications to the right on-duty caregiver’s mobile device for swift response.
- Centralized contact center operations: Fairview plans to consolidate several call centers into one using Amcom’s operator consoles to help staff manage increasing call volumes and give callers fast service.
- Online directory and on-call scheduling: Staff at Fairview will have password-protected access to accurate contact information for fellow employees as well as the latest on-call schedules.
- Automated call transfers that bypass the operator group: Amcom’s speech recognition system will help Fairview process simple call transfers through naturally spoken requests to the automated attendant. This will free operators’ time for more in-depth caller assistance.
“Many large healthcare networks like Fairview are looking for ways to improve staff’s ability to care for patients with newer, easier ways to communicate,” said Chris Heim, President, Amcom Software. “We welcome the opportunity to help them create a truly integrated approach to their daily communications using today’s mobile devices, automation, and intuitive software.”
About Fairview Health Services
Fairview Health Services is a community-focused health system providing a complete range of services, from prevention of illness and injury to care for the most complex medical conditions. Fairview provides services in many settings, including community centers, homes, clinics, hospitals and long-term care centers. Fairview is affiliated with the University of Minnesota Academic Health Center and supports its mission of research and education. Fairview is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Minneapolis with staff and facilities throughout Minnesota.
About Amcom Software
Amcom Software, a subsidiary of USA Mobility, Inc. (Nasdaq: USMO), connects people to each other and to the data they need. This helps organizations save lives with communications that are faster, more accurate, and more efficient. Amcom Software’s unified communications technologies include solutions for contact centers, emergency management, mobile event notification, and messaging. The company’s products are used by leading organizations in healthcare, hospitality, education, business, and government. By continually developing its industry-leading technologies, Amcom Software has rapidly grown and solidified its market leadership. For more information, call 800.852.8935 or go to http://www.amcomsoftware.com or find us on Twitter @AmcomSoftware.