LEXINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ipswitch, Inc. is excited to announce that Tech Data has secured the position of exclusive value-added distributor (VAD) for Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management, Secure File Transfer, and Messaging divisions.
“We have chosen to partner exclusively with Tech Data because they offer a unique value-added model to both their reseller customers and vendor partners,” stated Roger Greene, CEO and founder of Ipswitch. “This exclusive partnership with Tech Data is a key component of our channel expansion strategy. We are committed to working with Tech Data to expand our partner base, and together, provide our partners with the support they need to deliver complete IT management solutions and effective security solutions to protect customers’ critical information.”
Channel expansion is a top strategic initiative for all three divisions of Ipswitch, Inc. Each division is making a significant investment in their channel programs in 2012 and improving on their existing comprehensive partner programs through the following initiatives:
- New state-of-the-art Partner Portal powered by Salesforce.com, which will provide partners with unprecedented visibility and management of their leads, deal registrations, opportunities, and service renewals.
- Improved in-depth technical training and certification programs.
- Doubling the size of the Channel Team to ensure partners receive the best account support in the industry.
- United the Inside Sales Teams with the Channel Partner Management Team. This alignment enables channel partners to collaborate with Inside Account Managers - the most knowledgeable product specialists - to be more successful in growing their business without any concern of partner deals being taken directly. Ipswitch is committed to maintaining channel integrity.
- Tech Data’s StreamOne License Selector will provide Ipswitch partners with more efficient processes for quoting and ordering and, therefore, improve the overall ease of doing business with Ipswitch and Tech Data.
“Ipswitch values strong channel partnerships and recognizes the contributions that Tech Data and our channel of resellers make to their continued success,” said Stacy Nethercoat, vice president of Software Product Marketing at Tech Data. “Ipswitch has consistently demonstrated commitment to the channel by working with Tech Data to implement exciting new sales and marketing initiatives to ensure that resellers have access to the resources and support they need to grow their businesses. For these reasons, Tech Data recognized Ipswitch as our Fast Start Vendor Partner of the Year in 2011.”
Tech Data and Ipswitch have identified 200 key midmarket-focused solution providers across the country that they will initially target for an enhanced partner enablement program. This program will provide flexibility to partners to develop custom sales and marketing plans with Ipswitch and Tech Data that will work best within the partner business model, vertical, and geographic focus.
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation is one of the world’s largest wholesale distributors of technology products. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 125,000 resellers in more than 100 countries to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users. Tech Data generated $24.4 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2011, and is ranked 109th on the Fortune 500®. To learn more, visit www.techdata.com.
About Ipswitch, Inc.
Ipswitch was founded in 1991 on a simple premise: to produce IT software that takes what is possible and makes it practical. The goal was to bring high quality IT software to small businesses that lacked the time and resources to learn the overly complex enterprise software that was only available at the time.
Today, Ipswitch makes software for businesses of all sizes to manage networks, securely transfer files and communicate via e-mail. Our products are designed to increase productivity for people and organizations and save time and money by being easy to learn, use, support and maintain. Focusing on these priorities has helped meet the needs of millions of customers around the world since 1991.
To learn more about Ipswitch, Inc., please visit http://www.ipswitch.com.