SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--News Facts
- RSA Conference (www.rsaconference.com), the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, today announced, Appthority, the authority in app security, as the winner of its “Most Innovative Company at RSA® Conference 2012” contest. Appthority was determined as the most innovative during the RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox program, a half-day interactive program dedicated to exploring the new technologies that promise to transform the security industry, now and in the future.
- Appthority and its Appthority Platform won the award based on the current and future need to secure mobile applications, as well their ability to build an established partner network and demonstrate robust customer traction.
- This year, Appthority competed against nine other finalists invited to pitch their product and business plan to a judging panel including Dennis Brixius, Vice President of Risk Management and CSO at The McGraw-Hill Companies; Asheem Chandna, Partner at Greylock Partners; Gerhard Eschelbeck, CTO and SVP at Sophos, Inc.; Suzanne Hall, CISO at Red Cross; George Hoyem, Partner at In-Q-Tel; and Paul Kocher, President of Cryptography Research.
- This year’s Innovation Sandbox program featured interactive white boarding sessions with George Kurtz of CrowdStrike, Dave Blakely of IDEO and Jacob West of Amazon. Attendees were also able to meet with leading minds from IDEO and Accenture Labs to find out what they envision for the future of technology. A “Start-Up Speed Dating” session paired venture capital professionals from Allegis Capital and In-Q with entrepreneurs, business professionals and fellow infosec pros in attendance. Rounding out the program was the finalists’ presentations to the panel of judges.
- Past winners of Innovation Sandbox include Invincea, Altor Networks (acquired by Juniper Networks in December 2010) and Alert Enterprise.
“Recent issues in security continue to push the information security industry to think in new, innovative ways, and the top 10 finalists represent some of the best new solutions and brightest industry minds,” said Sandra Toms LaPedis, Area Vice President and General Manager of RSA Conference. “Appthority demonstrated they were the most innovative by demonstrating the ability to answer immediate and growing need for more effective application security in a mobile world. We look forward to watching Appthority in the years to come as they are sure to make a continuing impact on the information security landscape.”
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Throughout its 21-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security’s most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
RSA and the RSA Conference logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50184759&lang=en