QUINCY, Mass.--()--The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced it will open the doors to its newest store location at 299 Chelmsford St., in Chelmsford, Mass. today, Friday, Nov. 18. The new 72,000-square-foot store debuts a fresh new look for Stop & Shop unlike any other in the Merrimack Valley and boasts more product variety and quality in addition to exciting new in-store amenities. Today’s Grand Opening kicks off the holidays with fanfare and savings for shoppers.
“Our new Chelmsford store is a first for Stop & Shop and like no other in the area”
The store’s format and offerings were designed to better meet the needs of customers in the Chelmsford area. The new amenities, which are designed to improve the shopping experience, include Stop & Shop’s first-ever in-store nutritionist; a supervised child play area; convenient online ordering and Curbside Pick-Up; and innovative in-store shopping tools that will continue to deliver a new level of convenience and savings for shoppers.
“Our new Chelmsford store is a first for Stop & Shop and like no other in the area,” said Mark McGowan, president, Stop & Shop New England Division. “We’re excited to bring Chelmsford customers a completely new shopping experience – and some fun, savings, and excitement over the holidays.”
To celebrate the Grand Opening, Stop & Shop is offering special promotions and savings for customers now through Dec. 17:
Grand Opening Weekend Celebration
- Stop & Shop Brands Patrol – Stop & Shop is giving away up to $10,000 worth of gift cards through its Stop & Shop Brands Patrol! The Stop & Shop Brands Patrol will be on the look-out for customers as they finish checking out. For every randomly selected customer that purchases one or more Own Brands items, the Brands Patrol will award the customer a $10 Stop & Shop gift card. Stop & Shop’s Own Brands include: Stop & Shop Brand and Nature’s Promise®; Simply Enjoy; Guaranteed Value®; CareOne®; Companion; Cottontails. Opening weekend (11/18 - 11/20) 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Subsequent Saturdays through 1/7/12, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Passport Program with a DJ – Customers and kids can travel and tour designated areas of the store, sample food and collect stamps along the way. Visit seven areas and adults will receive a free reusable bag (while supplies last), and kids can receive a treat at the bakery! Opening weekend hours are Friday (11/18) 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Saturday (11/19) 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and Sunday (11/20) 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Win a Fiat Sweepstakes – Stop & Shop is holding a sweepstakes for a chance to win a brand new 2012 Fiat 500. Beginning Thursday 11/17. Automatic registration for the sweepstakes begins with every purchase made with a Stop & Shop card at the new Chelmsford location. Registration for the sweepstakes ends on Thursday 12/15 at midnight. No purchase is necessary and rules and conditions apply. Please see the store for additional details.
- Green “Monstah” – Wally the Green Monster, the official mascot for the Boston Red Sox Major League Baseball team, will be making a debut at the new Chelmsford store on Friday 11/18, Saturday 11/19 and Sunday 11/20 at 10:00 a.m. He will be making a subsequent appearance on Saturday 12/10 at 10 a.m.
- Sampling & Character Appearances – From cranberry pecan bread and coffee to cracking an 80-pound cheese wheel, customers will enjoy delicious samples from a variety of manufacturers each weekend through 1/7/12. Times and samples will vary.
In addition to the Grand Opening weekend events and beyond, the new Chelmsford location is offering more selection and innovative features to bring a new kind of grocery shopping experience to the area.
New Store Features
- On-Site Nutritionist – Stop & Shop’s first in-store nutritionist, Julie Menounos, will be available to assist customers with questions on healthy lifestyles and for one-on-one consultations by appointment. Customers can also look for the nutritionist in the aisles while they shop.
- Curbside Pick-Up – Customers will be able to order groceries from the convenience of their computer and pick them up without leaving the car. They simply pull up to our dedicated Curbside Pick-Up area where Stop & Shop associates will take payment and load their car.
- The Tree House – Customers shop, we watch the kids for free! Introducing The Tree House, the brand new supervised child play area complete with toys, games, and more. An experienced child care team will supervise customers’ little ones for up to 90 minutes so they can fully enjoy a one-stop shopping experience. The Tree House will be open 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. daily and available for children ages 3 – 9.
- Family Friendly Check-out Lanes – Two designated lanes will be merchandised with “better for you” snacks and beverages for both young kids and adults as well as “family friendly” magazines and travel size items.
- Wi-Fi Internet Access – Customers can enhance their shopping experience with fast, reliable free Wi-Fi internet access. They can surf the web and check email, all while relaxing with a cup of fresh coffee in our self-service seating area.
- Citizens Bank – A new branch offering seven-day banking and extended hours, knowledgeable bankers, enhanced ATMs, and the convenience of banking where you shop.
Customers will continue to enjoy Stop & Shop’s great savings and rewards through constant weekly specials, Real Deals, Big Buys, Own Brands products and Gas Rewards. Each dollar spent shopping with a Stop & Shop card earns one point. Every 100 points saves 10 cents per gallon at the pump. Redeeming points is easy – Gas Rewards points are accepted at all Stop & Shop gas stations and at participating Shell fuel stations. The nearest Shell station is conveniently located at 189 Chelmsford Street.
The new store will also offer the most comprehensive suite of shopping tools to make grocery shopping easier. Customers will enjoy home delivery with Peapod by Stop & Shop to our in-store tools: CHECK IT! self checkout, ORDER IT! deli kiosks, SCAN IT! handhelds, and now our latest innovation, SCAN IT! Mobile – the first mobile app that allows customers to shop, scan, and tally their order with their personal iPhone® or Android™ device.
The new Chelmsford store at 299 Chelmsford Street will be open today from 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Regular store hours are 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Sunday. For additional store details, information about in-store offerings and savings or Stop & Shop's community partnerships, visit www.stopandshop.com/chelmsford. Members of the media are encouraged to contact Laura Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company employs approximately 62,000 associates and operates nearly 400 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness – with emphasis on children’s educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA’s Smart Way program; has been awarded LEED (EB) certifications for 50 of its existing stores; and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com.
iPhone and Apple are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50077734&lang=en