OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The bells are beginning to jingle and friends and families are starting to mingle, which can only mean one thing – the holidays are officially here. But, holiday shoppers, have no fear! Sprint’s (NYSE:S) innovative lineup of products and services, matched with the only truly unlimited data pricing plans on all phones from a national wireless carrier, provide the perfect gifts to match the lifestyle needs of friends and family members this holiday season. No throttling. No metering. No overages. All while on the Everything Data Plan on the Sprint network.1
With something for every type of personality in mind, Sprint and its family of no-contract brands, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA have a device that’s sure to be at the top of everyone's wish lists:
For the Techy
All is sure to be merry and bright when you give the gift of a brilliant 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display on the hot, new Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch. Priced at $199.99, with a new-line activation (or eligible upgrade) on an Everything Plan with data, Premium Data add-on and two-year service agreement, Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch will impress the techy in your life with 3G/4G speeds, optional Mobile Hotspot and a speedy processor.
For the Movie Buff
Give the gift of glasses-free 3D technology with HTC EVO™ 3D. With EVO 3D users can watch all of their favorite holiday films and create HD videos of holiday parties, view them in 3D and share easily with friends and family. The device is available for $199.99 (excludes taxes) with a new-line activation (or eligible upgrade), on an Everything Plan with data, Premium Data add-on and two-year agreement (pricing excludes taxes).
For the Earth Lover
Give Mother Earth something to smile about this holiday season by gifting Sprint’s first eco-friendly Android smartphone that is partially built with recycled plastics2 and recyclable packaging3, Samsung Replenish™. Available for $29.99 (excluding taxes) with a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade and after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card4, Samsung Replenish is the gift that keeps on giving! As part of a special promotion that showcases Sprint’s commitment to environmental responsibility, your gift recipient can save $10 per month on their monthly wireless service when activating Samsung Replenish on a new-line (or eligible upgrade), on an Everything Plan with data, Premium Data add-on and two-year agreement (prices exclude taxes).
For the World Traveler
Hop aboard Santa’s sleigh with Motorola PHOTON™ 4G and give your favorite world traveler an edge in managing their life from anywhere in the world. Priced at $199.99 (excluding taxes) with a new-line activation (or eligible upgrade), on an Everything Plan with data, Premium Data add-on and two-year agreement, this device has all of the must-have features they'll love like a 4.3-inch qHD display, dual cameras, worldwide GSM capabilities and a unique kickstand for easy hands-free viewing.
For the Teen
Give your teen a gift that’s sure to be at the very top of their list! HTC EVO™ Design 4G boasts many of the ‘must-have’ features teens want, such as access to Facebook, Twitter and email, plus a large touchscreen display, while sporting a slim, pocket-friendly aluminum unibody design at an easily affordable price. The device is available for just $99.99 (excluding taxes) with a new-line activation (or eligible upgrade), on an Everything Plan with data, Premium Data add-on and two-year Agreement and after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card4.
For the App Lover
Give the gift of apps with a Sprint ID-capable device such as the new Samsung Transform™ Ultra for just $79.99 (excludes taxes) with a new-line activation (or eligible upgrade), on an Everything plan with data, Premium Data add-on and two-year agreement and after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card4 (pricing excludes taxes). Sprint ID devices do more than simply make great gifts – if you buy one for yourself or for your best friend, download Sprint ID packs, which are loaded with apps that can help your holiday go more smoothly – including finding recipes, playing holiday music, helping with travel, and shopping for gifts.
For those who don’t like commitment
For those on your list who aren’t quite ready for a commitment, Sprint’s no contract brands, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA offer the perfect solution!
- Whether they’ve been naughty or nice, your friends and family will be singing Joy to the World when it comes to Boost Mobile’s newest device, ZTE Warp™. Boasting the largest touchscreen and highest megapixel camera in the Boost Mobile Android lineup, coupled with Boost Mobile’s Android Monthly Unlimited plan, ZTE Warp is sure to make them smile. Available for $199.99.
- The night will no longer be silent when you give the gift of no-contract wireless on Virgin Mobile USA’s top-of-the-line device, Motorola Triumph™. Available for $299.99, boasting a vibrant 4.1-inch WVGA touchscreen, two cameras, a super slim design at less than 0.4 inches thick, HD-Video (720p) capture and HDMI output to allow for image sharing on your HDTV. Combining this Android smartphone with Virgin Mobile’s Beyond Talk plans, which start at just $35 a month for 300 minutes of voice and include unlimited messaging and data, makes the perfect package!
- For those going over the river and through the woods, Virgin Mobile USA’s no-contract mobile hotspot, MiFi® 2200, provides Internet access at home or on-the-go. Forget pricey hotel and airport Wi-Fi. With a fast 3G connection and starting at just $20 a month, MiFi 2200 is essential to anyone planning to hit the road this holiday travel season. The ultra-compact MiFi device provides broadband wireless for up to five Wi-Fi devices, such as laptops, e-readers, MP3 players, tablets, and gaming devices – perfect for keeping the family entertained.
Once everyone’s name has been checked off the holiday shopping list, check out these popular Android apps that are sure to help you this holiday season with everything from staying safe while traveling to entertaining friends and family:
- Travel: Keep your family safe on the road by signing up for Sprint Drive First, a new application that automatically locks an Android smartphone when a car is moving more than 10 mph, disabling phone functionality, directing incoming calls to voice mail, and silencing distracting alerts for emails and text messages. $2/month www.sprint.com/drivefirst
- Shopping: Shop smart this holiday season. Finding a gift and a perfect deal is now easier than ever before with Google Shopper and Google offers on your mobile device. Compare products and get local deals delivered right to your phone. There’s no need for clipping out coupons, and you can redeem offers right from your phone while shopping online or at a store. Nexus S customers can tap, pay and save using Google Wallet, an Android app that turns a mobile device into a wallet by securely storing virtual copies of credit, loyalty and gift cards. Redeem coupons with a single tap at participating merchants nationwide.
- Photos: Capturing holiday memories is not only convenient on your smartphone, because it’s always with you, but you can now get even more creative with apps that add special effects to your photos, such as Pano, a panoramic capture that will ensure everyone in the family makes it in to the picture ($3.06), and Pixlr-o-matic, which takes any image from your device and turns it into an artistic masterpiece with various renderings and borders (free).
- Music: Get into the holiday spirit and listen to festive music on-the-go with apps like Sprint Music Plus, a free music app that lets you purchase, download and manage all the holiday music you need to help you and your family stay in the holiday spirit. Entertain your callers by letting them hear a festive holiday Ringback Tone when they call you. Imagine their surprise when they call and instead of the boring ‘ring, ring,’ they hear “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” or ”Jingle Bells.” http://real-store.sprint.com/portal/portal/web/rbt/genre?noajax=true&id=9995
Sprint was unbeaten among major wireless carriers for customer satisfaction according to results from the 2011 American Customer Satisfaction Index. In addition to tying for first place among wireless carriers, Sprint was also the most improved company in customer satisfaction, across all industries, during the last three years, according to the survey. Additionally, Boost Mobile was ranked Highest in Customer Service Performance and Purchase Experience among Non-Contract Wireless Providers by J.D. Power and Associates5.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 53 million customers at the end of 3Q 2011 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 3 in its 2011 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1See sprint.com/unlimited for details.
2Casing includes 34.6 percent post-consumer recycled plastic content (the highest level in our eco-portfolio), and 82 percent of the device is made from recyclable materials.
3Fully recyclable packaging incorporates 80 percent post-consumer waste material and uses soy inks.
4The American Express Prepaid Reward Card (“Card”) provided in connection with this Rebate offer is a prepaid Card that is usable at U.S. merchants that accept American Express Card. Some limitations apply. The Card is not redeemable for cash (except where required by law) and does not provide ATM access. Use of Card constitutes acknowledgement that it is given as a reward and no consideration, value, or money has been paid by the holder to American Express in exchange for this Card. USE OF CARD IS SUBJECT TO THE CARDHOLDER AGREEMENT. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, A $3.00 MONTHLY FEE WILL BE ASSESED AGAINST CARD BALANCE, STARTING SIX MONTHS AFTER CARD ISSUANCE, UNLESS FUNDS ARE EARLIER DEPLETED. For BALANCE, customer service and Cardholder Agreement, visit americanexpress.com/sprint or call 866-608-3756. Card issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation.
5Boost Mobile ranks highest in Customer Service Performance among no-contract service providers, with an overall score of 763, and performs highest in phone contacts that originate in the automated response systems channel and are then transferred to a live service representative and through phone calls made directly to a customer service representative. The 2011 Wireless Customer Care Non-Contract Study – Volume 2 is based on responses from 1,460 wireless customers who contacted their carrier’s customer care department within the past six months. The study was fielded from January through June 2011.