BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Finding that perfect beer just got even easier with today’s announcement of a major update to the BrewGene beer recommendation iPhone app. The improvements add new location-based features, a new Top 100 Beers algorithm and enhanced search and social media integration for BrewGene’s innovative mobile tool that recommends beers based on users’ unique preferences.
The updates expand the comprehensive functionality of the BrewGene app, which is a tool that generates beer recommendations from an extensive database of more than 42,000 varieties of beer.
New BrewGene App Features:
- Location-Based Recommendations: Receive notifications while at a bar or liquor store if that location’s ‘Beer Menu’ contains any recommendations, beers within the ‘cellar’ or ‘watch list’ beers, allowing users to receive on-the-spot recommendations. A first function of its kind for a beer recommendation app!
- Beer Locator: While on-the-go, users can easily locate their favorite beers by simply hitting ‘find nearby’ on a beer profile page to see a map of nearby places where they can purchase the beer.
- Beer Menu: Browse a location’s beer list before arriving at a bar or liquor store.
- Check-in: Use BrewGene to tap into your favorite location-based social networking site and check into nearby locations.
- Tagging: The ability for users to tag what they’re drinking at a certain location and easily share on Facebook and Twitter.
- Instant Search: Navigate BrewGene quicker with improved instant search functions and auto-complete suggestions for extremely fast beer searching.
- Offline Usage: A unique feature among leading beer apps is the ability to access all major BrewGene features without the internet, and data will sync once an internet connection is established making it easier for the millions of users with non-3G devices.
In addition, BrewGene’s revamped home page makes it easier to access the most important features and now includes interesting statistics about users activity. “We’re constantly looking for ways to improve how our users identify new beers and we’re excited to see BrewGene continue to evolve,” said Connor Tyrrell. “Since the launch of BrewGene in June we’ve seen tremendous growth in the number of users and beer ratings but with the ability to find new beer based on location and quickly share on Facebook and Twitter, we feel the experience will be better than ever.”