LANSDALE, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ProtonMedia today released ProtoSphere Standard Edition v.1.5.4 with new video and Flash content support. Now large enterprises can train in ProtoSphere using videos, Flash-based courseware, and other interactive learning modules. In total, ProtoSphere v.1.5.4 includes five new features to help companies streamline their learning and training activities, accelerate knowledge transfer, and improve knowledge retention. They include:
- Video playback on Presentation Boards. Now users can upload and play back videos directly on ProtoSphere’s Presentation Boards for all users in the room to watch. It's a snap to upload videos, and there's no server-side conversion, so they're available for playback immediately after upload. Supported formats include FLV, F4V, F4P, MP4, MOV, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, and streaming RTMP feeds.
- Flash content support. Any Flash content can now be brought into and used in ProtoSphere, including courseware materials or other interactive learning modules. Users can interact with the Flash content to suit their schedule and learning needs. This feature also lets users interact with Flash content from a Web link on ProtoSphere’s Presentation Boards.
- YouTube and other Web-hosted video support. In addition to uploading video files from a computer, users will also be able to bring videos into ProtoSphere via a URL path, such as from YouTube. This gives greater flexibility in what video content users can bring into and use in ProtoSphere.
- Mac Support. ProtoSphere v.1.5.4 runs on Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 or Leopard 10.5.8.
- New Avatars. These will replace the existing set of avatars with higher quality, higher polygon faces, helping provide a more life-like experience for users.
“Over the past year, we’ve seen a significant increase in the use of video and other interactive learning materials within large enterprise organizations,” says Ron Burns, CEO of ProtonMedia. “We’ve responded by adding video and Flash content support in ProtoSphere. When you couple the increasing use of interactive content with the growing adoption of ProtoSphere you have a powerful pairing for accelerating knowledge transfer and improving the knowledge retention of global teams.”
ProtoSphere v.1.5.4 is available via ProtonMedia direct sales and select systems integrator partners. Call 215-631-1401 for sales information. For more information on ProtoSphere, please visit ProtonMedia’s website or blog. To download a free demo of ProtoSphere, please visit ProtonMedia’s website.
ProtonMedia is the developer of ProtoSphere, the market-leading virtual collaboration environment for the high-performance workplace. ProtoSphere’s virtual environment provides an arsenal of business-focused collaboration and communication tools that help companies accelerate decision-making and raise productivity, improving workplace performance overall. The company is a Gartner “Cool Vendor in the High-Performance Workplace” for 2010. Its customers include some of the world’s most respected brands, including AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Merck Inc., BP, Chevron, Duke University, Deloitte, TIAA-CREF, Lockheed Martin, PPD and Boeing. A trial version of ProtoSphere can be downloaded at http://protonmedia.com/trial-download/. For more information, visit www.ProtonMedia.com.
Visit the ProtonMedia press kit online.