DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Digital Folio, Inc. today launched Digital Folio, the first real-time shopping platform that allows consumers to shop across major retailers with an intelligent drag ’n drop interface and real-time comparison capabilities that save consumers both time and money.
Tested in Beta over the past eight months and available for PC or Macintosh on Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox, Digital Folio does much more than compare prices on individual items. The platform also allows shoppers to compare entire retail listing pages in seconds, track product price changes, and share shopping lists with friends and family. In the near future, Digital Folio will also deliver directly to consumers major-brand, real-time promotions specific to items in consumers’ shopping lists.
When a shopper drags and drops a product from a trusted retailer website such as Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Sears.com, Target.com, or Walmart.com into their Digital Folio sidebar, the prices of that product at other major retailers are immediately displayed and the best price for that product is instantly revealed. Furthermore, with so many of these retailers offering expanded 30- or 60-day price match policies, Digital Folio’s in-list price tracking and retailer comparisons make discovering additional savings on recently purchased items as easy as a single click.
CNN has quoted Brian Hoskins, director of business development for mobile and wireless startups on Microsoft Corp.’s Emerging Business Team, as saying the instant price comparison capabilities offered by Digital Folio are of great interest “since sites such as Amazon change prices on some products, such as cameras, as often as seven times a day.”
“Digital Folio does for shopping what the iPod did for music,” Digital Folio president Patrick Carter states. “Consumers no longer need to spend hours scouring the Web to compare prices or update shopping lists at various retailers. Digital Folio brings price comparisons, deals, and shared shopping lists to shoppers automatically.
“2011 is the year of online pricing pandemonium. With online retailers changing prices multiple times a day, it’s impossible for shoppers to keep up. Now, Digital Folio does it for you—all within your personal sidebar—without requiring you to revisit websites.”
Digital Folio features include:
- Discrete Browser Sidebar: Simple, free browser-based sidebar downloadable at DigitalFolio.com. Works with Internet Explorer or Firefox on PCs and Macs. Sidebar is easily opened and closed at the click of a button.
- Intelligent Shopping List: An intelligent shopping list that’s always with you as you shop across the Web, saving products from multiple sites.
- Price Tracking and Price Comparisons: Instant pricing updates, comparisons, and deals across your saved items.
- Group Shopping with Shared Lists: Sharing capability so you can co-shop and compare prices and products with family and friends in real time. Perfect for registries!
- Constant Price Updates: Real-time price updates made possible as users detect price changes for each other as they happen. No more missed opportunities while waiting for slow comparison shopping site updates.
- Retailer Listing Page Comparisons: The ability to compare prices on retailer listing pages of multiple products, saving hours of time now spent visiting numerous sites to compare prices in the hopes of uncovering hidden deals.
- Instant Cart Price Reveal: Retailers’ hidden cart prices automatically revealed for comparisons.
- Instant Options for Discontinued Items: Replacement suggestions for items you’ve saved that are no longer carried by a retailer.
- Post-Purchase In-List Price Tracking: In-list price tracking continues even after you buy so you can discover additional savings post-purchase—and take full advantage of retailers’ Price Match guarantees.
Digital Folio and Microsoft
At the July Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in Los Angeles, Carter and Digital Folio chief architect Fernando Cardenas demonstrated Digital Folio as part of two Windows Azure keynote presentations. During Microsoft Mobile Acceleration Week in New York City in June, Digital Folio technical lead Brett Lefebvre was the first to tie real-time notifications between Azure and the new Windows Phone 7 operating system, currently called Mango. The capability will be part of Digital Folio’s new Windows Phone 7 Mango-based app due out later this year. Mango is scheduled to be launched as Windows Phone 7.5 later this year.
About Digital Folio
Established in 2011, Digital Folio, Inc. is a Denver-based firm focused on revolutionizing the online-to-offline shopping experience for consumers and retailers alike. Digital Folio, a cloud-based shopping tool powered by Windows Azure, offers the first seamless, multi-channel retail shopping experience that allows consumers to shop the entire web at home on a computer, anywhere on a mobile phone, or in-store on an interactive display. As the industry’s first “always with you” shopping resource, Digital Folio allows consumers to compare products and prices and receive dynamic money-saving offers from retailers—all based on their own shopping behavior and in real-time. For more information, visit www.digitalfolio.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6859077&lang=en