LOS ALTOS, Calif.--(Talend, a global open source software leader, today announced the results of its first half of 2011. Within the first six months of the year, the company experienced significant success with record growth as a result of new customer deals and expansion within the existing customer base.)--
“Cloud computing, Big Data and the convergence of data management and application integration have and continue to forever change the IT landscape”
“When we entered 2011 we had identified specific areas of focus for our expansion, most notably in the convergence of data and application integration as well as in the Cloud and Big Data markets,” said Bertrand Diard, co-founder and CEO. “I am proud of our accomplishments, finishing the first half of the year strong in the areas of product and market expansion, community engagement and customer acquisition. These successes underscore our leadership position in the industry and the performance of our employees across all functions; they are also a testament to our commitment to innovation. We look forward to the next six months as we continue to grow and innovate.”
In the first six months of 2011, Talend grew 153 percent compared to the same period in 2010. Excluding the impact of the acquisition of Sopera, in the second quarter of 2011 Talend grew 107 percent year-over-year and 45 percent over the prior quarter. The company has also significantly increased its paying customer base to 2,500 enterprises worldwide, across all industries, and saw an overall increase in adoption of its enterprise open source solutions by the Fortune 500.
To accommodate this accelerated growth, the company has expanded its corporate footprint to more than 400 employees in 13 offices across eight countries.
While continuing success in the areas of customer adoption, Talend has pushed the envelope in the area of product development.
In May 2011, the company delivered on its vision for a unified integration platform, changing the market landscape by bringing together data management and application integration – into a single integrated solution. This launch was an important milestone subsequent to the company’s November 2010 acquisition of open source application integration vendor Sopera. It also integrated earlier released components such as Talend Integration Factory (based on Apache Camel) and Talend Service Factory (based on Apache CXF).
In June 2011, Talend once again delivered new and innovative technology with the release of Talend Cloud, a comprehensive, cloud-ready unified platform for data integration, data quality, master data management and enterprise service bus (ESB), supporting all forms of cloud-based computing – private, public or hybrid models. Talend Cloud was built on top of Talend’s unified integration platform.
Additional products released during the first half of 2011 include:
- Talend ESB v4.2 - a reliable and scalable ESB that allows development teams to holistically address integration projects, combining application integration and data management for complex, heterogeneous IT environments.
- Talend MDM v4.2 - the most scalable Master Data Management solution, based on benchmark surveys in which it has been proven to scale upward of one hundred million master records on commodity hardware, providing the ability to accommodate virtually any volume of master data.
- Talend Integration Suite v4.2 and Talend Data Quality v4.2 - new versions of Talend’s widely adopted data integration and data quality solutions, featuring innovations such as enriched support for Big Data and Hadoop, new profiling and matching options.
To support the rapid deployment of these products, Talend has been aggressively growing its service offerings to better meet the increase in customer demand for consulting and training services.
“Cloud computing, Big Data and the convergence of data management and application integration have and continue to forever change the IT landscape,” said Fabrice Bonan, co-founder and chief operating officer, Talend. “We recognized these monumental shifts early on and have focused on delivering innovative, game-changing technologies that enable the democratization of IT. The recent release of the Talend Unified Platform, Talend Cloud, and our continued support of Hadoop and Big Data prove our commitment to rely on open source to drive better business efficiency for our customers and our community.”
Industry Recognitions and Community Contributions
In addition to corporate, customer and product successes, Talend has continued to keep a finger on the pulse of the industry at large, furthering its global community footprint through a number of initiatives, including:
- Becoming an Apache Software Foundation sponsor, reaffirming its commitment to open source, as its sponsorship of the non-profit foundation helps aid organizational, legal and financial support for a broad range of Apache licensed projects. Talend engineers are also major contributors to Apache including CXF, Camel, ServiceMix, Karaf, Santuario and ActiveMQ.
- Joining the Java Community Process (JCP) to actively get involved in the next version of the JAX-RS specification, which defines REST and the APIs that developers use to build Java-based RESTful applications.
- Extending its commitment to open communities as a Strategic Developer Member of the Eclipse Foundation, a Corporate Member of OW2 and active involvement in the OASIS project.
Talend also received several industry awards and accolades, including:
- Recognition by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor” in the “Cool Vendors in Application and Integration Platforms, 2011” report published in April.
- Nomination by leading UK newspaper, The Telegraph, to its “Telegraph Tech Start-Up 100: Class of 2011.”
- Recognition by Lead411 as one of the “Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley.”
- Being ranked by The Momentum Index as number one out of 96 venture-backed open source software companies.
“Talend continues to deliver growth and innovation on a market leading pace. We’re excited about the role they are increasingly playing in the transformation of the IT infrastructure,” said John Brennan, managing director at Silver Lake and a Talend Board Member. “As major trends like Cloud computing, Big Data and analytics keep accelerating, Talend will have the best solutions to underpin these architectures.”
About Talend (http://www.talend.com)
Talend is the recognized market leader in open source integration solutions. More than 2,500 paying customers around the globe, including eBay, Virgin Mobile, Sony Online Entertainment, Deutsche Post and Allianz, subscribe to Talend’s solutions and services to minimize the costs and maximize the value of data integration, ETL, data quality, Master Data Management and application integration. With more than fifteen million downloads, Talend’s solutions are the most widely used and deployed data management solutions in the world. The company has major offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a global network of technical and services partners. Within the last year, Talend has received a number of prestigious honors including: named a Network World open source company to watch, and a winner of the AlwaysOn Global 250, the Red Herring Top 100 Europe, The VAR Guy's Open Source 50 and InfoWorld’s Bossie Award. For more information, please visit http://www.talend.com.