BOSTON--()--Springpad, the smart note app that makes it easy for consumers to save, organize and act on anything they want to remember, today announced it has added Shopping.com to the growing list of content partners, which includes leading brands such as Groupon, Fandango, OpenTable and Facebook. For the first time this list surpasses 100 brands, making it possible for Springpad to deliver news, discounts, deals and other updates directly related to the products, places, movies, recipes and music that users save in their accounts.
“Our goal is to help our rapidly growing base of 1.5 million Springpad users save time and money when they're ready to act on the more than 18 million saved items that are important to them”
“Our goal is to help our rapidly growing base of 1.5 million Springpad users save time and money when they're ready to act on the more than 18 million saved items that are important to them,” said Jeff Janer, CEO of Springpad. “By integrating with more than 100 partners, we’re helping our users by delivering useful news and relevant offers such as price drops on the product they’ve been eyeing, when the movie they’ve been wanting to see is available on Netflix, or when a Groupon deal is available for a restaurant they wanted to try.”
Shopping.com, featuring product specifications and competitive prices from more than 8,000 merchants globally, joins a roster of partners that deliver dynamic information to Springpad users. In its first release as one of Springpad’s content providers, Shopping.com will deliver product information and great deals offered online. Planned future enhancements will include the ability for Springpad users to receive user reviews and Alerts when the price drops for a product they’ve saved in the app.
“Shopping.com’s large selection of more than 8,000 premier brands lends us vast coverage of in-demand products at competitive prices,” said Bridget Davies, Managing Director, U.S. Business at Shopping.com. “Our technology delivers rich coverage of product data alongside dynamic pricing, product availability and shipping information to provide users with great online deals. We’re excited to make these features available for more than 1.5 million Springpad users.”
Groupon will now deliver its daily deals to Springpad users who save their favorite restaurants, destinations or services in the app. For example, if a user has saved a spa service in Springpad, he or she will receive an Alert for a corresponding Groupon deal when it becomes available.
Springpad has more than 100 content partners that send automated Alerts and provide news and relevant information for online shopping, dining, social media, entertainment, technology, and daily deals.
Content partners include:
- Entertainment – Fandango, Songkick, iTunes, Netflix
- Dining – OpenTable, Wine.com, Menupages, Coupons.com
- Social networking – Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare
- Technology – CNET, GDGT, Engadget
- Daily deals – Groupon, Living Social
- Shopping –Shopping.com, Gap, Target
Springpad Features include:
- Access – Save information in Springpad via the Web, iPhones, iPads and Android devices. Springpad automatically synchronizes everything you save so that it’s instantly accessible on the web and your phone.
- Alerts - Proactively monitor any changes in the state of items saved in Springpad, such as price drops and availability of deals and coupons. Receive automatic Alerts when updates occur, saving you time and money.
- QuickLinks – Automatically get relevant information including price comparisons, tour dates or movie listings regarding products, movies or albums saved in Springpad.
- RSS Feed Integration – Send Alerts to Google Reader or any other RSS feed reader to make sure you stay updated on changes.
Springpad is available for iPhones, iPads, Android devices and the Web. To learn more or download Springpad, visit http://springpadit.com.
Springpad is a lifestyle application that helps you make better decisions tomorrow by actively remembering what you save today. Created by Boston-based Spring Partners and available for the iPhone, iPad, Android or on the Web, Springpad helps you remember anything, anytime, anywhere, for free. TIME Magazine named Springpad one of the 50 Best Websites of 2010 as well as a Top 10 iPhone App of 2010.