LOS ANGELES--(Made Man, a top lifestyle site dedicated to giving guys unbeatable information to live better, smarter, happier lives, presents the first-ever Made Man GUYDE Spring report providing a quarterly snapshot into the world of guys 18-34 years old. Freshly restyled to present smarter, sharper and sexier daily content guys love, Made Man surveyed 349 of its readers to reveal the highs and lows of manliness by the numbers.)--
“The GUYDE deviates from the typical, boring survey, and gets into the nitty gritty of what really goes on inside the male brain – such as why most guys Facebook friend a girl after the first date, or where guys are ‘manscaping.’”
“We know guys, and with the GUYDE Spring report, we continue to survey the pop culture landscape and offer unique insight into the ever-changing tastes of today’s man,” said Jonathan Small, SVP editorial and programming at Break Media. “The GUYDE deviates from the typical, boring survey, and gets into the nitty gritty of what really goes on inside the male brain – such as why most guys Facebook friend a girl after the first date, or where guys are ‘manscaping.’”
The Made Man research panel reaches beyond the usual trends and digs deep to provide a real look at what interests men today. Made Man is a property of Break Media, which owns and operates some of the largest entertainment sites online catering to guys, including the #1 humor site Break.com.
Data for the GUYDE Spring 2011 report focuses on dating, grooming, fitness, entertainment and sports, and is comprised primarily of responses from visitors to Break Media properties.
Things that surprised us most:
Let’s Just be Friends:
- 35% of guys say they’d add a girl as a Facebook friend after just one date, while 55% of guys don’t remove an ex from their Facebook friends list after a break up – lurkers!
- 30% of guys Google a girl before going on a date with her.
Fighting the Fur:
- With 68% of our audience admitting to manscaping, we found a whopping 95% trim “down under,” with old-fashioned razors and clippers coming in neck-and-neck as the best tools to get the job done. Perhaps more alarming, 11% of men tend to their butt, and 16% trim their back. No word on how many more should be concerned about back hair growth.
Airing Their Dirty Laundry:
- When asked if they subscribe to the “Jersey Shore’s” “G-T-L” (gym-tanning-laundry) lifestyle, 36% of men said they hit the gym, 4% said they bronze their well-groomed bodies by tanning and only 30% said they do laundry – wonder what the other 70% do with those dirty gym clothes!
- Good news for gamers! 21% of men said Wii Fit™ qualifies as exercise but 38% said that’s only if you break a sweat, whereas 33% said it does not qualify as exercise (oh come on!).
- 10% of men surveyed admit to purchasing an As Seen on TV™ Shake Weight®, proving once again, men love to spend money on useless toys.
What Happens in Vegas:
- It doesn’t surprise us that Las Vegas was voted the best city for a bachelor party – what does surprise us is that 23% of men disobeyed the “bro code” and admitted to attending a party where a guy cheated on his wife, girlfriend or fiancée.
- Speaking of Vegas, 25% of men said they don't make bets, while the other 75% are big pimpin' and spending G's (in other words, they’re spending a lot of dough).
The full GUYDE report and video are available by request and can be found here: http://www.mademan.com/guyde.
About Made Man and Break Media
Made Man is a top online destination for men, dedicated to giving guys unbeatable information to live better, smarter, happier lives. It's packed with expert advice on health, fitness, grooming, dating, food & drink, gear and cars, as well as thought-provoking coverage of pop culture, sports, male icons and, of course, beautiful women. Made Man is wholly-owned and operated by Break Media, a leading creator, publisher, and distributor of digital entertainment content including video, editorial, and games. The company's properties include the largest humor site online –Break.com – as well as Game Front, Holy Taco, Screen Junkies, Cage Potato, All Left Turns, Chickipedia, and Tu Vez. The Break Media Creative Lab is an in-house production studio creating original videos that range from award winning branded entertainment to celebrity-driven Web shorts to viral one-offs. The Break Media Network represents hundreds of publishers as one of the largest video advertising networks online reaching more than 140 million visitors each month. For more information, visit http://www.mademan.com and www.breakmedia.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6708751&lang=en