ZURICH & MILAN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For the second year, BIO-Europe Spring® will feature the Therapeutic Insight track by Defined Health. This year’s panel discussions, which will take place in the afternoon of Monday, March 14, will focus on oncology, orphan diseases, and respiratory diseases. The sessions are geared toward industry executives who want to better understand emerging challenges of real world drug development. The track offers a “big picture” perspective of commercialization, strategic analysis of pipeline products and current standards of care.
The track will open with a presentation by Defined Health’s Ed Saltzman titled “Proof of Relevance: The New Standard for Partnering” and will be followed by three panel discussions.
Defined Health’s Jeffrey M. Bockman will be joined by panelists including Louis J. DeGennaro, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society; George S. Golumbeski, Celgene Corporation; Fran Heller, Exelixis; and Dr Peter Sandor, Bayer, to discuss novel therapeutic approaches in oncology.
In addition, Defined Health’s Aileen Nicoletti will explore therapeutic strategies for orphan diseases with panelists Gary Clements, Shire; Leslie Coney, Pfizer; and Teresa Moss, UK National Health Service (NHS).
According to Moss, attacking orphan diseases in the public health sector requires rethinking current organization models and pricing structures. “The planned introduction of value-based pricing aims to improve access to innovative and effective medicines, including orphan drugs,” said Moss, who is Director of National Specialised Commissioning for the NHS.
Finally, Timothy Joslin of Defined Health will lead a panel discussion on respiratory diseases with representatives including Tim Higenbottam, Chiesi Farmaceutici; Stéphane Kirkesseli, sanofi-aventis; and Dr Mark V. Rogers, AstraZeneca.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, the world's largest stand-alone life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world.
Outside of the conference format, EBD Group’s consultants provide hands-on assistance for firms seeking to in- or out-license products and technologies.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.