CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Abine, Inc. The Online Privacy Company, announced the availability of its first-of-a-kind DeleteMe Web content removal service. Like a Delete Button for the Internet, just click and experts go to work to cancel old accounts, remove unwanted search results, and cut through corporate red tape to stop misuse of personal information.
“Consumers are angry with poor customer service, frustrated with reading ’legalese’ of privacy policies, and are struggling to exercise their right to privacy,” said Abine founder Andrew Sudbury. Millions are discovering there is too much information about them available publicly on Internet sites, social networks and in corporate databases. Without expert help, keeping track of what’s out there, controlling it, or removing it is far too complicated:
- 20% are unsure if their home address, cell phone number or birth date are available online for anyone to see; 32% percent are unsure if their e-mail is publicly available.
- 42% don’t know how their browsing activity is tracked and recorded for commercial purposes.
- 95% have put personal information online and later regretted it. (Pew Research/Internal surveys)
Frustrated consumers can now go online and order instant, friendly help at: https://www.abine.com/deleteme/
DeleteMe works by enabling people to control their personal information online in three ways:
1. DeleteMe removes content for you: If photos or blog posts, videos or search results reveal customers’ personal information, our experts work with the content owner and with the host site to remove them.
2. DeleteMe deletes accounts for you: Figuring out how to close online accounts can be complicated, so DeleteMe can do it for you, and follow-up to make sure it’s really gone.
3. DeleteMe protects data companies keep about you: Most corporations collect information about you but many also sell your personal information to advertising agencies or other businesses. DeleteMe uses your little-known legal rights to stop this data sharing.
“I couldn’t get my email and some other personal information to stop showing up. The sites instructions didn’t work and they didn’t have a phone number for me to call. I went to DeleteMe and from the moment I contacted them, the DeleteMe staff were really friendly and went to work on my case. I am not even sure how many letters they wrote or calls they made, but they got it removed!” Marilee S., - DeleteMe customer
By helping users regain control of personal information already made public, DeleteMe complements the Abine Privacy Suite software which blocks tracking cookies and prevents companies from gathering unnecessary levels of personal information in the first place.
About Abine, Inc. the online privacy company, is the leading provider of online privacy solutions for consumers. Abine's products and services allow regular people to regain control over their personal information while continuing to browse, interact and shop online.