ZURICH & MUNICH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In its 16th year, the BIO-Europe 2010 conference, November 15-17, in Munich, Germany appears likely to smash its previous record for attendance and partnering productivity established last year in Vienna, Austria. With three weeks still to go to the start of the conference, BIO-Europe is on track to host more than 2,700 life science executives representing approximately 1,500 companies who will engage in over 15,000 one-to-one partnering meetings.
Day 2 of the event will deliver on the promise of providing partnering insight and impact for delegates. One-to-one partnering meetings will be held throughout the day in 30-minute blocks, and will occur alongside a program featuring over 160 company presentations (http://www.ebdgroup.com/bioeurope/presenters/prs_comps.php), and BIO-Europe’s longest running panel – the 8th annual “A Day in the Life of Experienced Dealmakers.”
This session will discuss topics such as strategic partnering and M&A, generating non-traditional capital, the future of large company spin-outs, project financing, out-licensing and divestments. Anton Gueth, Burrill & Company will moderate a panel featuring Philippe Goupit, sanofi-aventis; Fran Heller, Exelixis; David Nicholson, Merck Research Laboratories; and Kerstin Valinder, Nycomed.
"In the present economic environment private companies are being challenged to raise capital and complete licensing deals,” said Anton Gueth, Managing Director, Burrill & Company. “In terms of structuring partnering deals companies have to be creative. A flexible approach, one that balances shared risk and realistic valuations is essential to securing funding and fostering true scientific innovation.”
Please visit the complete and updated program at http://www.ebdgroup.com/bioeurope/program/index.php
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe and BIO-Europe Spring®, the world's largest stand-alone lifescience partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world.
Outside of the conference format, EBD Group’s consultants provide hands-on assistance for firms seeking to in- or out-license products and technologies.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.