NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Odeon Capital Group LLC (“Odeon”), the New York-based independent fixed income broker-dealer with investment banking and research services, today marked the culmination of its third-quarter growth project. Spanning from late June to mid-October, the growth initiative saw Odeon open four domestic offices, launch an international joint venture division, and expand its sales & trading and research teams by 19 percent to 47 professionals.
In the past three months of operation:
- Odeon’s sales and trading business executed over $1 billion in volume of trades (a total of $5.1 billion in volume since the firm’s inception in May 2009);
- The firm’s corporate research arm continued to add corporate coverage and now has five analysts covering 12 industries, including retail, real estate and paper & packaging; and
- Odeon formed an international joint venture division in London and opened four new domestic offices.
In late June, Odeon announced its first expansion with the opening of its Austin, Texas office, a strategic move that provided a launching point for Odeon’s sales, trading and research initiatives across the Southwest. Odeon replicated this addition of increased networking and sales opportunities with its July office opening in Boca Raton, Fla.
Following this expansion of domestic services, Odeon announced in August its landmark expansion to the international broker-dealer marketplace with its formation of a joint venture division in London, Odeon Hobart Partners (“OHP”). Formed through a partnership with Hobart Capital Markets Limited, OHP offers institutional clients in the U.K. and across Europe the ability to execute high yield transactions, particularly in the debt sector, with a quality-driven, transparent focus.
Odeon culminated its expansion with the announcement of a Greenwich, Conn. office in early September and a Chicago space in mid-October. As with its prior expansions, Odeon hired industry veterans with at least 20 years of experience in securities to lead these offices.
“A financial services firm is only as good as its people,” said Evan Schwartzberg, CEO of Odeon. “In each market, we have filled our stable with industry leaders who are continuing to cultivate Odeon’s full-service model to our ever-expanding network of clients who want to receive the higher returns on their high yield investments.”
Odeon’s new swath of professionals includes:
- Robert Grimm, Head of Corporate Trading – Robert brings 30 years of high yield experience to Odeon’s trading team. Heading the firm’s Greenwich office, Robert joined Odeon from McMahon Securities in early September.
- Matthew O’Callaghan, Senior Bank Loan Trader – Matthew has worked in finance for more than 11 years and has experience on both the sell-side and the buy-side working at such firms as Hudson Ridge Trading & Research, Mariner Investment Group and Pirate Capital.
- Joel Luton, Managing Director, Research – Joel has almost 30 years of research experience and has been on both the buy-side and sell-side. Prior to Odeon, he was Director of Research for 14 years at APS Financial, an Austin-based boutique broker/dealer.
- Derek Rose, SVP of Sales and Trading – Derek joined Odeon in early October from Southwest Securities, where he ran ABS/CMBS trading. He brings 23 years of securitizations industry experience to Odeon’s Chicago office, where he leads the office’s trading desk.
“Disruption in the market causes quality opportunities for firms like us,” said Schwartzberg. “Odeon was born in the middle of the worst economic climate in the past 80 years. This isn’t the ideal prospectus for most startup financial services firms, but we’ve proven it can be the perfect climate for a staff of smart, talented employees.”
Established in May of 2009 in the midst of a recession that drove similar Wall Street 2.0 firms to quick failure, Odeon is succeeding as the new issuance and the high-yield markets enjoy unprecedented rebounds.
About Odeon Capital Group LLC
Odeon Capital Group LLC (Member FINRA, SIPC and MSRB) is an independent full-service broker dealer and investment banking firm providing advice and execution on fundamental value and catalyst-driven situations through sales & trading, research and investment banking. Odeon is a full-service boutique broker/dealer to institutional clients and offers transparent, timely and complete services from origination through execution of experienced service that adds value in all markets. Odeon Capital Group LLC is headquartered in New York City. Visit www.odeoncap.com for more information, or follow Odeon on Twitter at www.twitter.com/OdeonCapital.