DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/258667/the_wireless_senso) has announced the addition of the "The Wireless Sensor Network Technology Trends Q2 2010" report to their offering.
A new report evaluates the opportunity for 802.15.4, EnOcean, Bluetooth Low Energy, Wavenis, Low Power Wi-Fi, and ZigBee chipsets. The report includes a five-year forecast of dominant technologies.
The newly updated study, WTRS Wireless Sensor Network Technology Trends, Q2 2010, reviews and analyzes the available and proposed technology solutions competing for dominance in the wireless sensor network segment.
This report covers emerging Wireless Sensor and Control Network technologies and protocols including IEEE 802.15.4, ZigBee, Bluetooth Low Energy, EnOcean, Z-Wave, and Low Power WiFi.
The report tracks the formation of industry alliances and SIGs, development of standards, analyzes the potential market opportunities for component OEMs, describes initial versus long-range drivers in the market, and analyzes potential partnership opportunities and existing alliances.
The report is an in-depth assessment and analysis of chipsets and includes extensive analysis of the various sensor and M2M network layers. It is also and above all an analysis of potential markets, an evaluation of the participating OEMs, and a review of strategic partnerships and of industry trends.
The report also details sales volume, unit shipments, and average selling price by vertical market segment as well as by geography, all segmented into three global GDP growth scenarios.
Bluetooth Low Energy will be a significant contributor to the overall Wireless Sensor Network market, representing nearly half of all shipments in 2015, said Kirsten West, Principal Analyst with WTRS. Bluetooth Low Energy is designed to compete with protocols like ZigBee in applications which require infrequent and short bursts of data communication. The advantage to this new protocol is that it is totally optimized for low power battery operation.
The Wireless Sensor Network Technology Trends Report analyzes and forecasts the market for wireless sensor networks. The report includes a thorough evaluation of emerging Wireless Sensor Network technologies and associated software including ZigBee, Bluetooth Low Energy, Wavenis, IEEE 802.15.4, Low Power WiFi, EnOcean, and others.
The report also
- analyzes the potential market opportunities for Wireless Sensor Networks
- examines near versus long-range drivers impacting the market
- tracks the activities of industry alliances, strategic partnerships, and SIGs
- contains an in-depth assessment and analysis of chipset features
- evaluates energy harvesting technologies employed in wireless sensor networks
The report provides 5-year forecasts of dominant emerging wireless sensor network technologies that detail sales volume, unit shipments, and average selling price by vertical market segment as well as by geography. Applications forecast include Smart Metering, Home Area Network, Residential Health, Building Automation, Energy Management, Facility Medical, Industrial Automation, Consumer, Medical, Agriculture, Security, and Transportation. Historical price and volume data is also included.
Low Energy Bluetooth, IEEE 802.15.4, Enocean, Low Power WiFI, ZigBee, INSTEON
Many of the technologies competing for market share in the Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) are all still in an emergent state. WSNs will particularly invade home and building applications. This new report demonstrates that while the usual listing of home security, entertainment and lighting control, automated fire containment and alarm, burglar deterrence, etc. are all important, the application in energy use monitoring and utility management will be immense.
The report finds that nearly 70% of the average household utility bill could be influenced by WSN application to temperature and lighting. It also establishes that home and building owners can use interactive energy management tools to create energy management profiles that are triggered by certain established consumption rates. As energy consumption exceeds a specific point, the WSN can automatically begin turning off low priority lighting, heating, and cooling zones, using wireless humidity and temperature sensors as well as lighting and access monitors. Wireless outdoor motion sensors could remain active while other specific energy consumers could be dimmed.
Other sectors are likely to be strongly influenced by the adoption of WSN technology. The Industrial Sector is likely to undergo workflow churn as WSN applications increase safety, reliability and efficiency of industrial facilities. Frequency agility requirements are driving evolution toward industrial standards. AMR management proves a very significant opportunity in the Utilities Sector. And finally, the growth of personal and national security demand drives considerable growth in WSN, in border control, access, and defense, etc.
WSN technologies are becoming available in more useful forms than simple protocol specifications and chipsets. Modules are becoming more sophisticated and more capable of meeting the demands of a broad market opportunity. Fortunately module and development kit pricing has dropped over the last year while functionality has increased.
The state of the global economy may have a strong influence on the adoption of WSN technologies. European Government mandates are strengthening the market hold on WSN. Meanwhile, signs of a return from slow economic growth in the US appears to be contributing to WSN market expansion.
Key Topics Covered:
- Industry & Market Overview
- The ZigBee Challenge to Proprietary Implementations
- Low Power Embedded WiFi in Wireless Sensor Networks
- OEM Activities in Low Power Embedded WiFi Component Markets
- Bluetooth Low Energy Emerges into Marketplace
- Market Drivers
- Political Shifts Drive WSN Innovation
- Regulatory Influences Strongly Affect 802.15.4 Markets
- Analysis of ZigBee
- Who Dominates The End Product Design Wins?
- Emergence of Vertical Applications of WSNs
- Semiconductor Vendor Activities
- ZigBee in Residential Markets
- Prospects for ZigBee Health Care Profile in the Medical Market
- ZigBee in Smart Metering
- Applications for Low Power Embedded WiFi
- Wireless Sensor Network Standards Slow to Mature
- Emergence of EnOcean Alliance
- Emergence of 900 MHz IEEE 802.15.4 Components
- Power Management for Wireless Sensor Networks
- IEEE 802.15.4 Chipset Market Forecasts
- ZigBee Chipset Market Forecasts
- ZigBee Module Market Forecast
- INSTEON Chipset Market Forecasts
- Z-Wave Chipset Market Forecasts
- EnOcean Chipset Market Forecasts
- Low Power WiFi WSN Chipset Market Forecasts
- Wavenis Chipset Market Forecasts
- Bluetooth Low Energy Chipset Market Forecasts
- Tables & Figures
Some of the Companies Mentioned include:
- Bluetooth SIG
- Dynastream Innovations
- Ember Corporation
- EnOcean Alliance
- G2 Microsystems
- Oki Semiconductor
- RF Micro Devices
- Texas Instruments
- Virtual Extension
- ZigBee Alliance
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/258667/the_wireless_senso