DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3ac192/acne_drug_pipeli) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Acne - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016" to their offering.
Acne - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 is an essential source of information and analysis on the global acne market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global acne market. The report also provides insight on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shift in the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global acne sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
The Acne Therapeutics Market is Forecast to Show Moderate Growth in Revenues till 2016
The author's research suggests that the global acne market was worth $2.8 billion in 2009. It is estimated to reach revenues of $3.02 billion by 2016 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.7%. The moderate increase in revenues is attributed to the overcrowding of the market with generics and the increased acceptance of alternative therapies such as photodynamic therapy and Ultraviolet (UV)/blue light therapy. The current market has several products which act on acne by targeting different etiologic factors involved in the development of acne. Solodyn (minocycline hydrochloride) currently rules the acne market, followed by Doryx (doxycycline). The acne therapeutics market is witnessing a shift towards combination products, using two or more effective acne treatments. Currently marketed combination products such as Duac and Ziana are estimated to steadily increase revenues.
The acne market is primarily genericised and is moderately served by the currently marketed drugs. The majority of the pipeline products of large pharmaceutical companies also consist of combination products with very few first-in-class molecules. With emerging me-too combination products in the pipeline that are not significantly different from the current monotherapies, the acne market awaits a blockbuster drug. Increases in the population in general and an increase in the prescription rate are estimated to sustain the acne market in the future.
With the recent characterization of acne as a chronic disease, research and development (R&D) in acne therapeutics requires, if not effective new launches, immediate prioritization of research on the pathology of this seemingly simple but actually complex disease.
Acne - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 is an essential source of information and analysis on the global acne market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global acne market. The report also provides insight into the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight into the pipeline products within the global acne sector. Our research suggests that the global acne market was worth $2.8 billion in 2009. The moderate increase in revenues in the future is attributed to the overcrowding of the market with generics and the increased acceptance of alternative therapies such as photodynamic therapy and UV/blue light therapy. The current market has several products which act on acne by targeting different etiologic factors involved in the development of acne. Solodyn currently rules the acne market, followed by Doryx. The acne therapeutics market is witnessing a shift towards products which are a combination of two or more effective acne treatments. The currently marketed combination products such as Duac and Ziana are forecast to steadily increase their revenues.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global acne market revenue data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for seven years to 2016.
- Geographies covered in this report are the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases of development by mechanism of action and emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action include antimicrobials, combination therapies, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, enzyme inhibitors, androgen antagonists, oxidizing agents and comedolytic agents.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global acne market. The key market players covered are Steifel laboratories, Allergan, Galderma, & and Cosmo Pharmaceuticals.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for the future acne market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global acne market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global acne market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global acne market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Key Topics Covered:
- Acne Market: Market Characterization
- Disease Overview
- Clinical Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Treatment Options for Acne
- Acne Market Overview
- Acne Therapeutics Market Size
- Acne Market Forecast and CAGR
- Drivers and Barriers for the Acne Therapeutics Market
- Drivers for the Acne Therapeutics Market
- Barriers for the Acne Therapeutics Market
- Opportunity and Unmet Need
- Key Takeaway
- Acne Market: Competitive Assessment
- Acne Market: Pipeline Assessment
- Strategic Pipeline Assessment
- Technology Trends Analytic Framework
- Acne Therapeutics - Promising Drugs under Clinical Development
- Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development
- CB-03-01 (cortexolone 17a-proprionate)
- Dapsone Gel 5% in combination with adapalene gel 0.1% / benzoyl peroxide 4% gel
- Acne Market - Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action
- Acne - Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development
- Discontinued Drugs for Acne
- Key Takeaway
- Acne Market: Implications for Future Market Competition
- Acne Disease Market: Future Players in the Acne Market
- Company Overview
- Cosmo Pharmaceuticals
- Stiefel, a GSK company
- Galderma S.A
- Allergan Inc (Allergan)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3ac192/acne_drug_pipeli