WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The excited text messages to friends, your iPad all set in your new backpack and a quick glance at your phone’s camera say it all. It’s back-to-school and you are ready.
But here’s the best part. It’s not only your first day at school, but it’s also the first day you get to drive to school yourself. Awesome! And to help get off to a good start, GEICO offers teens the following top 10 driving tips for a safe year.
- Wake up early. Be on time so you do not have to rush to class.
- Eat your breakfast at home. Eating and driving can be messy and dangerous for you and others.
- Groom yourself beforehand. Put makeup on and/or comb your hair before you get behind the wheel.
- Be alert. If you’re sleepy, take the bus or get a ride. Driving sleepily or unaware of your surroundings can pose serious risks.
- Make sure your car has gas.
- Do NOT use your phone while driving. Save the first-day-at-school selfies for later and concentrate on the road.
- Always wear your seatbelt. No matter the distance to school, seatbelts are vital.
- Do not get distracted when driving with others. Make sure your passengers wear seatbelts at all times and do not get distracted while driving.
- Stick to school zone rules. Follow the road rules and do not speed.
- Remember youngsters on their way to school. They’re young and they get excited. Look for them in school zones in particular.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO, which was founded in 1936, provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 12 million private passenger customers and insures more than 20 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
GEICO’s online service center helps policyholders take care of policy sales, policy changes and claims reporting, and print insurance ID cards. Policyholders can also connect to GEICO through the GEICO App, reach a representative over the phone or visit a GEICO local agent.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for boats, life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.